So they've had two days of school, and we're waiting for the schedule to settle. As I've mentioned, the reason school started so early this year is because the high school is undergoing some improvements. We started early this year, and will start late next year, to allow a longer summer period without students in the building. As a result of the ongoing construction, bus schedules have been completely reimagined, and busses have been running late. So late. Which means that this year, it'll take longer to fall back into "normal." In fact, we might not get back to "normal" until the kiddos are done with their fall sports.
In the meantime, I'm doing my best with the menu plan. Here's what we're planning on eating this week, and I'm gonna do my best to make it actually happen.
- Cheesy mini burgers, brown rice (I made it in the slow cooker last time), green beans
- Wildtree Italian beef sandwiches with garlic aioli (I love words that have a 4:1 vowel to consonant ratio...)(I will probably make my garlic aioli with Greek yogurt instead of mayo), rolls, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Grilled bone-in chicken breasts, baked potatoes (either grilled or in the slow cooker), carrots
- Pizza casserole, green beans
- Hamburgers, buns, chips, grilled green veggie
- Spaghetti, garlic toast, green beans
- Italian sausage and veggies sheet pan meal
- Chicken broccoli braid, salad, applesauce
- Canned pinto beans
- The rest of my Wildtree Easy Breezy Slow Cooker freezer meals (Hawaiian meatballs, Garlicky chicken, Bruschetta chicken pasta, Savory sweet onion chicken, Golden BBQ chicken sliders, Chipotle citrus chicken. Yup, chicken is on sale this week)
- Taco bean soup
- Greek yogurt
- Avocado chicken salad (I omit the mayo and either substitute more Greek yogurt or another avocado)