Thursday, February 8, 2018

Warm Me Up Sausage Quiche

This is another recipe that shows up often enough in my menu plans that I thought I should share the recipe.  I make a version that's slightly modified from the original, and then I eat it for breakfast and/or lunch all week.  This is also one of my favorite things to serve when we have breakfast guests.  I mix it up the night before, then pop it in the oven in the morning.

Warm Me Up Sausage Quiche
(Modified from the original; Click here to print)

Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
  • 1 pound Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour or white whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • (optional) 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
Instructions
  1. Cook breakfast sausage on the stove top over medium heat until cooked through, stirring to break into small pieces. Set aside.
  2. Mix together eggs, cheeses, flour, butter, and baking powder.
  3. Stir in mushrooms, sausage, onion, and green chilies.
  4. Pour into a greased 9x9" pan.
  5. Bake at 375°F for about 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (my oven cooks slow, so I actually bake at 400°F for about 45 minutes).
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...