Warm Me Up Sausage Quiche
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- (optional) 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Cook breakfast sausage on the stove top over medium heat until cooked through, stirring to break into small pieces. Set aside.
- Mix together eggs, cheeses, flour, butter, and baking powder.
- Stir in mushrooms, sausage, onion, and green chilies.
- Pour into a greased 9x9" pan.
- Bake at 375°F for about 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (my oven cooks slow, so I actually bake at 400°F for about 45 minutes).
Powered by Recipage