In the past month, I've completed a few more of my 18 for 2018 items.
- (10) I deleted over 500 mystery shop screen shots and receipts that I have saved over the past few years. This is definitely something that I should do more often, but it always seems like such an arduous task. It took me about 15 minutes, including finding and emptying the "recycling bin" after deleting them. Yeah. Not so arduous.
- (11) I bought a desk task light. My poor eyes are getting old, and the light available in our bedroom (where the desk is) was woefully inadequate. I originally wanted a floor lamp with a gooseneck task light, but the base took up too much room, and the light itself was kind of flimsy. I ended up going with this one, and I'm happy with it.
It kind of looks like the Pixar lamp
- (6) I sent friend mail to two more friends, bringing the total to 4 down, 4 to go.
- (5) I went on a date with AKD to The Sound of Music at his high school, and then out to eat.
- (8) I've been working on purging paper. It is so painful! I don't know why we saved all that paper, but that scares me, because what if there was a good reason? Hmph. I'm going with the theory that almost all of it is available online. I'll keep working on it.
- (14) I investigated community education classes, and narrowed my selection down to two, but then I wondered if I should take the beginning crochet class because that would help with goal number 16, and then I decided to check out a local arts store to see what classes they have available, because I kind of want to fuse glass, so then I ended up not deciding. And then I wrote a run-on sentence, because run-on sentences are fun.
- I planted garlic. And then I realized that planting garlic did not make it on to the top 18 list. Oops. Potatoes didn't make it either. Double oops.
So what's next? I think I'll aim to make oyster shell and grit dispensers (1) and have everyone in the household take the love languages quiz (4) in the next month. I'll also try to go on at least one more date (5), figure out which class to take (14), and continue purging paper (8).
How are you doing on your 2018 goals?
18 for 2018
- ** Make oyster shell and grit dispensers for the chickens
- ** Plant a garden--with tomatoes and jalapenos
- Can jalapenos--they don't necessarily have to be the ones I grow
- Have everyone in the household take the love languages quiz--we could do this on Valentine's Day, but since it's also Ash Wednesday this year, I don't think that's gonna happen...
- Go on a date with each of my boys (
AKD, MC, Bubby)
- ** Send friend mail
8 64 times (if you'd like to receive friend mail from me, use the contact link above to give me your address) Obtain and begin using ato-do notebook--this has already been so useful! I have a running to-do list now, instead of having to start fresh every day. It's a lot more difficult to misplace than a random piece of paper.
- ** Purge file cabinet and create paper organization system--Ugh! We have so.much.paper. Half of me wants to get rid of it all. The other half is afraid I'll shred something we'll need later.
- ** Create a household binder/legacy box--I think my boys would be lost if something happened to me.
Delete saved electronic mystery shop screen shots and receipts--yep, I've got every screen shot and almost every receipt from every mystery shop I've done in the past four years. It's a lot.
Buy desk task light--I've already tried once this year, but I didn't like it, so I need to try again. Buy phone charging cords for each of our vehicles--I told Hubby I was going to do this, and he was like, but we have charging cords in all the vehicles, don't we? Well, yes, we do...for his phone, but not for AKD's and mine.
- Make a chicken sign--It's going to have the silhouette of a chicken, and say something along the lines of, "Danger: Dinosaur Area."
- Take a class through community education or a local craft store--I used to do this fairly often, but somewhere along the line, I stopped.
- ** Finish valances for master bedroom. I've only had the material for...3 years? 4? A long time.
- Crochet messy bun hat or Arm knit scarf
- ** Get the boys' picture taken--the place I used to take them to closed, so I need to find a new photographer.
- Send Christmas cards in 2018