Monday, April 4, 2022

Menu plan for the week of April 4

 I had a shelf-cooking win this week.  I decided, suddenly, on Saturday evening, that we needed vanilla wafers for Sunday morning.  So I found a recipe, and made some, probably cheaper than had I bought vanilla wafers (even the store brand), and definitely cheaper when taking into account the transportation cost.

They tasted pretty similar to commercially available vanilla wafers (at least as far as I remember), and had a very similar texture, too.  Shelf-cooking is a state of mind.  Or, a game, if you prefer.  If you want a certain food, but you don't have it, or have all of the ingredients to make said food, how can you make it without running to the store? 

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:


Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...