Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Supper tomorrow

OK, so what am I supposed to do with this? Hubby's out of town, and I actually made supper tonight. I know! That's so out of character for me, but for some reason after school isn't as frantic this year as it was last year--at least, not yet. Anyway, Code-man asked what we were having for dinner, and I told him, and he went, "uuhh." I'm not really sure how to spell that whiney oh-man-I-wish-it-was-a-different-answer sound. However it's spelled, it's very disheartening for a mommy to hear. Then he asked what we were having for dinner tomorrow. I told him I didn't know, but that it would be something from the freezer. Did he have any preference? "Can we have cereal?" he asked me.

I told you once before that it was a source of extreme mommy-guilt for me that I have, in the past, served cereal to my children for dinner three nights in a row because my husband was out of town and I didn't have the time or energy to cook. But what do I do when they're asking for it?

By the way, after asking for seconds of the casserole I prepared for supper tonight, Code-man said, "I like this. We should have it more often. Why don't we have this more often?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...