Monday, February 16, 2015

Menu plan for the week of February 16

I think I told y'all one time that if I buy bananas for a specific purpose, like making banana muffins or green monster smoothies, they're always gone before I get a chance to use them.  But if I buy bananas just for eating, with no specific purpose in mind, they usually get over-ripe before they're eaten.  Anyone else have this problem?

That hasn't been the case for the past several months, as my youngest, Bubby, has discovered a love of bananas.  I've seen that kid eat 3 bananas at one sitting and then reach for a fourth.  I've been buying around 5-6 bananas a week for months now, and they're usually gone within 3 days.  So it was with confidence that I bought a bunch of 10 bananas last week.

This morning, there are still 7 sitting on top of the fruit bowl, looking very yellow and developing lovely brown polka dots.

Just when I thought I had this whole feeding my family thing under control.  Humph!

So, it's banana muffins for us this week, 2 batches, hopefully one using my new, yet to be obtained, 24 cup mini muffin tin.  A 24 cup mini muffin pan would make a lovely Valentine's gift, don't you think? *Hint*Hint*

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

--Hamburger casserole, corn, peaches
--Baked Ziti (freeze extra), green beans, salad
--Chicken bundles, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Slow cooker Zuppa Toscana, toast, salad
--Pizza casserole (from the freezer), green beans
--Hamburgers, buns, jello, carrots, salad
--Pork chops, garlic toast, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots

Next Monday Supper:
--Homemade angel hair pasta** with meat sauce, green beans, garlic toast, salad

Other:

--Brownies
--No bake nut butter granola bars
--Salsa verde white chicken chili
--Banana muffins
--Large batch meat sauce for the freezer

**Excited and trepidatious about this meal.  I have made pasta before, and it was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work.  I borrowed a pasta machine from Chip the last time I saw her, and I'm hoping the machine will tip the work/fun balance over to the fun side.

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...