Of course, some of you would say, why make a mess at all, when you can use Ragu? The answer? Because homemade sauce tastes so much better. And you're still making a mess with Ragu. You have to heat it up.
Anyway, I've gotta tell ya, I'm super impressed with Zaycon Fresh so far. In case you're not familiar, Zaycon Fresh offers a range of fresh foods (mostly meat) to over 1,200 locations nationwide, direct from the farmer, or as near direct as they can get it. The "catch" is, they only sell by the case, so you're committing to 20-40 pounds of meat at a pop. Oh, and you also have to pick up your meat from the back of a truck in a parking lot, which some people might find a little strange.
The driver yesterday was very polite and efficient. I didn't even have to get out of my car (I did get out, but I didn't need to)--I just drove through the cones set up near the truck, stopped, and popped the trunk. The whole operation took less than a minute. The ground beef seems to be good quality as well, and the price was excellent. Oh, and the weight was accurate, which I can't always say about my grocery store meat. Yes, I weighed my meat when I got it home.
If you want in on high quality meats for low prices, check it out. Right now, Zaycon Fresh has 93% lean ground beef, boneless applewood smoked ham, bacon, pork sausage links, hamburger patties, and boneless skinless chicken breasts for sale. I've already placed my chicken order for June. Can't get much better than $1.69 a pound.
In the meantime, here's what's on the menu this week:
|Chicken Fajita Quesadillas from Jo Cooks|
- Chicken fajita quesadillas, roasted broccoli
- Hot dogs & brats with buns, green stuff, grilled broccoli
- Spaghetti or spaghetti squash with meat sauce, salad, green beans
- Taco seasoned meat with tortillas and taco toppings
- Pizza and cauliflower crust pizza (I'm making individual crusts and will freeze the extras), carrots, salad
- Cub Scout year-end celebration
- Grilled bone-in chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies
- Zesty salsa for canning
- Large batch spaghetti sauce
- Large batch taco seasoned meat
- Reese's oatmeal cookies
|Reese's Oatmeal Cookies from Mom on Timeout|