This is also the last week of my month-long (which was actually 5 weeks long) menu plan. On balance, it was nice to not have to think of ideas of what to serve my family this month, but it annoyed me that I still did have to rearrange several meals because life happened. I'm going to try some other things to see if I can find a planning method I like better, but keep this one in my back pocket.
Wait. I'm not wearing any pockets. Hmm.
So last week our Monday and Wednesday night activities started (you're right--we already had football on Mondays, but the other Monday activity started, which gives us a small window of time on Monday in which to eat). Blessings. We're managing blessings.
Here's what I've got for this week (compare to week 5):
- Beef & potato casserole (similar to this), green beans, peaches
- Carnitas (my sis' recipe--she's such a great cook), tortillas, toppings
- Tacos, tortillas, toppings
- Sesame chicken strips, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Pizza or chicken pizza, salad
- Sunday night stew, mashed potatoes
- Shepherd's pie (similar to this), bread with butter, applesauce
- Hamburgers, buns, greens, carrots, mandarin oranges
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple crisp
- Apple pie filling (maybe)