Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ten slow cooker meals that your family *might* tolerate

My slow cooker is about to become my best friend for the next several weeks, at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm on the lookout for nutritious crock pot recipes that my family will like.

Have you come across blog posts that are titled something like:

12 Crock Pot Meals Your Family Will Love

or 

20 Kid-Friendly Crock Pot Meals?

Yeah, me too.  And I always click on them.  And I'm always disappointed.  More often than not, I look at the linked recipes and think, nope.  My family won't like any of them.  Occasionally, there will be 1 recipe in the collection that I'm willing to try.  Once, there were 2.

My family is unique.  With unique food cravings and aversions.  I'm willing to bet that yours is, too.

So I decided to do my own round-up of Crock Pot recipes.  My family likes them, but I'm not going to promise yours will.

You're welcome.

Chicken Chili Verde
Chicken Chili Verde

Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice Recipe
Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice

SOUTHWEST CHICKEN AND BEANS
Southwest Chicken with Beans

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
Crock Pot Chicken and Rice

Hot Beef Sandwiches--Place a 3 lb chuck roast in a slow cooker. Dump in 1 (15 oz) can beef broth and 1 package onion soup mix.  Cover and heat on low until meat is done and shreds easily.  Shred with 2 forks.  Serve on rolls with provolone cheese and cooking liquid for dipping.

And because my friends are the best, here is a selection of crock pot recipes that I think my family might tolerate.  As a special bonus.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (these might be too spicy for my crew.  The Helpful Boy Scout suggested using BBQ sauce and grape jelly instead of hot sauce and ranch).

Picture of Food
Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans (the Helpful Boy Scout did not say to add water, and she uses bouillon granules instead of cubes)

Porcupine Meatballs (my crew would not like the tomato soup, so I think I'll try this substituting beef gravy for tomato soup)

Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
Shredded Turkey Sandwiches (my mama friend says she uses bone-in turkey breast because it's more tender, and skips the bun)

Shredded Pork Tacos

So there you have it: 10 slow cooker meals that your family might tolerate.  What do you think?  Will they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...