Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hunting season

Hubby gave me a gift.  Wasn't that nice of him?  Not because it's November.  But kind of.

He gave me a blaze orange hat.  And then, a few days later, he asked me if I had worn it yet.

And I told him that I had not because the state park was not yet open to hunting.  Which of course led to me telling him all about hunting in the park ... when it opens to hunting, when deer gun season is, and that muzzle-loader season follows, and also that there are other creatures that can be hunted right now, like turkey and game birds, waterfowl, squirrels, rabbits, coyote, and fox, among others.

He said I know an awful lot about hunting seasons, for a non-hunter.  Which is true.  I do.  I made a point of knowing a lot more about hunting seasons this year than I did last year.  Because I don't want to give up hiking on my favorite trail, and I also don't want to get shot.

Source
So right now, the park is open to hunting, but I feel pretty safe walking on my favorite trail, wearing my new hat, surrounded by thick underbrush.  Even if a hunter found a clear a shot, with that thick tangle of undergrowth, it's unlikely an arrow would stray enough to find the path, and me on it.  Next week, when the guns come out?  Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...