I'm doing a little of both. I have the whole month planned out (except for 1 day, and I think I know what I want to make that day, but I've got a little time to decide, and I'm leaving it open in case something better comes along), and lots of the meals are repeated every week, but there's a bit more variety than October.
Every Wednesday is something taco-y, and every Thursday involves turkey or bacon or both. Friday is pizza day. Sunday and Monday are grill days, and Tuesday is either spaghetti or chicken that is not grilled. Saturdays are the wild card day.
I like it. As with October, everything is something I know my family will like, and they are all things that I will still be willing to make even if Hubby goes out of town, so there won't need to be a whole lot of rearranging. I will definitely be saving this monthly menu, and perhaps repeating it indefinitely. Yay!
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Hamburgers with optional buns, carrots, applesauce, salad
- Almond crusted chicken, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, berries or melon
- Nachos or taco salad
- BLTs, grilled green veggie
- Pizza or cauliflower crust pizza, salad
- Hot beef sandwiches with or without buns, salad, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, applesauce
- Pork chops, green beans, garlic toast, grilled potato planks
- Egg roll in a bowl (made this last week, and I really liked it)
- Avocado chicken salad
- Taco bean soup
- Peanut butter caramel toffee chocolate chip cookie bars