What are your Thanksgiving traditions? What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?
When I asked my family if there was any food in particular they would like for Thanksgiving, my middlest child said he wanted asparagus and brussels sprouts. I think he would be happy to skip the turkey and all of the other traditional fare in lieu of cruciferous veggies. I am happy to indulge that boy's wants, in this case.
It strikes me as slightly ridiculous that we celebrate how thankful we are for all we have by stuffing ourselves as full as we possibly can with as much food as we possibly can, instead of sharing our bounty with others who don't have as much as we do.
Anyway, I am thankful for you. And for food, because food is yummy.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Creamy chicken and wild rice soup, easy dinner rolls, salad
- Spaghetti or spaghetti squash with meat sauce, green beans, applesauce
- Nachos, taco-type toppings, guacamole
- Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, roasted asparagus, roasted brussels sprouts, pumpkin pie (with pat in pan crust)
- Pizza or cauliflower crust pizza, salad
- Beef stroganoff, corn, bread & butter, applesauce
- Pork chops, garlic bread, grilled broccoli, applesauce