Anyway, they liked it, even the ones who went into the meal fully expecting not to. MC even had seconds, my friends, which is some kind of miracle.
If my recipe success makes you want to try it, you should know that I thought it was pretty mild, but AKD thought the chicken fajita pasta was spicy. If your family is not a fan of spicy, you could always just use regular tomatoes instead of ro-tel, and use less (or less spicy) taco seasoning.
I'm not expecting any surprises this week. But then again, if I was expecting them, they wouldn't be surprises, would they? Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Meat sauce with angel hair pasta or zucchini noodles, grilled garlic bread, salad, green beans
- Spicy jalapeno burgers, with or without buns, guacamole, grilled broccoli
- Sausage and egg English muffin sandwiches or omelet, carrots, fruit
- Grilled chicken tacos, taco toppings, cooked carrots
- Chicken-crust pizza or pizza calzone, salad
- Brats or hot dogs, buns, chips, cooked carrots, caramel apple salad
- Peppered steak with portobello mushrooms, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts
- Slow cooker pepperoni & chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots