Friday, February 24, 2017

A Muffin Rut

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I am in a muffin rut, making the same two types of muffins over and over.  I asked for suggestions, but apparently y'all are also in muffin ruts?  Or didn't read to the end of the post?  Or really don't care about my problems?

Whichever, no suggestions were forthcoming.  Which is why I was excited to see this timely post from Money Saving Mom: My Top 7 Favorite Freezer-Friendly Muffin Recipes (Plus Grain-Free Options!).  There were a few I thought my family might like, and I was happy to find new recipes to try.

I asked Bubby if he thought he would like oatmeal chocolate chip muffins, and he responded by saying he liked the two types of muffins that I always make.  Oh, I know you do, I agreed, but I thought you might like to try something different, something new.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins 
from Money Saving Mom
The truth is, I might like to try making something different.  I tend to make the same meals over and over again, especially if I'm just cooking for myself.  I can have the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks (right now it's beef stew with mashed potatoes)--I don't mind a bit--but when it comes to baked goods, I like to mix it up.

There are just so many delicious things to bake, why would I limit myself?  (This reminds me of the time I told y'all we trying not to heat up the oven for meals because it was hot outside, but that it was totally worthwhile to heat up the oven for desserts.  Priorities, people.  I have priorities).  There are so many good muffin recipes, why would I make the same two over and over again?  And let's be real: I make the easier recipe of the two about 90% of the time, so it's really just one muffin recipe over and over again.

Wise as he is, Bubby queried, why would you want to try something new when we already have something we like?  Why fix something that's not broken, in other words.  Why, indeed.

The real reason?  I want to try the muffins.  The new muffins.  I want to eat one.  Actually, I want to eat all of the muffins, but I really shouldn't, so I need my family to step in and eat them for me.  Is that so much to ask?  For me to ask them to eat delicious muffins?  And gosh darn it, they might just find something they like better.  Humph.

So, I haven't tried any of the seven (which is actually ten) muffin recipes yet.  I probably will next week.  I just hope I don't have to eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...