Monday, November 27, 2017

Menu plan for the week of November 27

Hi everyone.  How was your weekend?  My parents were visiting for Thanksgiving, and we had so many leftovers from guests who had arrived earlier in the week that they only got to eat three original meals.  Out of eight.  The rest were leftovers.  On the up-side, they didn't seem to mind, we still have enough leftovers for Hubby to take to work this week, and we actually have room in our refrigerator for new food.

I'm exhausted, y'all.  We had a houseful of people, and I realized for the first time that introverts don't just get emotionally drained by being with gobs of people; we become physically drained as well.  Cheers to learning new things (although one would think I would have learned this earlier in life--I guess I never noticed before)!  Not that I don't love visiting with family--it just happens to be a lot of exhausting work, too.

Another thing I learned is that Bubby's bedroom is much more conducive to sleeping-in than mine is.  I thought I was no longer capable, after years of children waking me up before 6 a.m., of sleeping past 7.  But the combination of sleeping in Bubby's bedroom, along with the people-induced exhaustion, proved me wrong.  I'm thinking of asking him to switch with me.

You would think, after feeding up to 11 people three meals a day for 7 days, that it would be difficult to think about food.  You would be right.  This week, we will have even fewer people around than normal.  Hopefully it'll be a good recovery week.  Here's what's on the menu:

Supper:

  • Pizza (sauce, crust), salad
  • Wild rice casserole, green beans, applesauce
  • Beef & potato stew, rolls
  • Chicken broccoli braid (we use 1/2 t each celery salt, garlic powder, dill seed, and dill weed instead of 2 t all purpose dill mix), mandarin oranges
  • Nachos, guacamole, taco toppings (what toppings to you like on your nachos?)
  • Hamburgers, buns, chips, carrots
  • Chicken nuggets, mixed vegetables, pears
  • Beef stroganoff, green beans, applesauce


Other (I'm not really sure I'll feel up to making anything extra, but just in case I do, I wanted to get these down, so I remember what the extra things I wanted to make are):

  • Cinnamon rolls
  • Oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies
  • Rolo pretzels
  • Turkey stock
  • Canned black and pinto beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...