A couple of weeks ago, I asked my Facebook friends what their favorite vegetable Thanksgiving side-dish was. In response, I got a redskin potato dish and a "spinach and cheese casserole" that looked suspiciously like quiche. And stuffing, because there are veggies in that, right?
A couple of days ago, I asked the same people what their favorite Thanksgiving side dish was, and I got all kinds of answers, including corn casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries, green bean casserole, rolls, wine, and German potato salad, served warm. The overwhelming response, given by almost everyone who answered, was stuffing. Stuffing is my favorite, too. In fact, I would be perfectly happy, thankful, even, to just have stuffing for my Thanksgiving meal. After all, there are veggies in that.
This week's menu was easy to plan, since I've been working on it for weeks. As I've mentioned, we'll have guests this week. so I've tried to plan meals that are easy to get on the table, and I've done a lot of prep work ahead of time.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Hot beef sandwiches, buns. raw carrots, peaches
- Easy chicken & biscuit casserole, mixed veggies, pears
- Pizza casserole, green beans, mandarin oranges
- Turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls & butter, green bean casserole, corn, vegetable medley, applesauce, pumpkin pie, brownie pecan pie
- Beef & potato stew, rolls
- Shepherd's pie, applesauce, bread & butter