Bluefield Pizza Crust
1 T. active dry yeast
1 T. granulated sugar
3 c. flour (I use a mixture of whole wheat and white whole wheat)
1/4 c. olive oil
3/4 t. salt
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar, and let sit until bubbly (5-10 minutes)
- Add flour, oil, and salt and mix to combine. Knead a few times, then cover and let rise in a warm place until double (30-45 minutes).
- Punch down dough. Divide into two equal portions. Spread each portion out on a pan (I use 14" round pans). Cover and let rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until done.
To Freeze: after dividing dough into two equal portions, wrap each portion and freeze.
To use dough from freezer: allow dough to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Spread dough in pan, and allow to rise for 45-60 minutes. Continue as written.
Here's what else is on the menu this week.
- Hamburgers, buns, steamed veggies, pears
- Tacos, tortillas, taco toppings
- Meat sauce with spaghetti or spaghetti squash, grilled asparagus, mandarin oranges
- Turkey bacon ranch wrap, carrots
- Pizza or chicken crust pizza, salad
- Sunday night stew, mashed potatoes, salad
- Grilled chicken, salad, garlic toast
- Egg roll in a bowl
- Taco bean soup