Friday, July 27, 2018

18 for 2018 (July)

It's time for another monthly update on my 18 goals for 2018.  In July, I ...
  • Got the boys' pictures taken.  I actually won a photo shoot in a contest, just in time to complete this goal.  The photographer did a pretty good job, but she found it strange that my kiddos were not complaining.  I told her that they know by now that sometimes you just have to do things to make the Mama happy.
  • Went on "dates" with MC and Bubby
There's hardly anything left on the list, so I'm not sure if I'll make any progress in August.  Maybe.  But if not, I'm still way ahead of schedule, so it's all good.  The first two goals that are left are definitely the most difficult ones to acheive, so it makes sense that they're still ongoing.  Here's what's left:
  • ** # Purge file cabinet and create paper organization system--Ugh!  We have so.much.paper.  Half of me wants to get rid of it all.  The other half is afraid I'll shred something we'll need later.
  • ** Create a household binder/legacy box--I think my boys would be lost if something happened to me.
  • Send Christmas cards in 2018
** The things that would have been on my list of 8
# Partially completed

How are you doing on your goals this year?


*****
Here's the entire list:
18 for 2018
  1. ** Make oyster shell and grit dispensers for the chickens
  2. ** Plant a garden--with tomatoes and jalapenos
  3. Can jalapenos--they don't necessarily have to be the ones I grow
  4. Have everyone in the household take the love languages quiz--we could do this on Valentine's Day, but since it's also Ash Wednesday this year, I don't think that's gonna happen...
  5. Go on a date with each of my boys (AKD, MC, Bubby)
  6. ** Send friend mail 8 6 4 times (if you'd like to receive friend mail from me, use the contact link above to give me your address)
  7. Obtain and begin using a to-do notebook--this has already been so useful!  I have a running to-do list now, instead of having to start fresh every day.  It's a lot more difficult to misplace than a random piece of paper.
  8. ** Purge file cabinet and create paper organization system--Ugh!  We have so.much.paper.  Half of me wants to get rid of it all.  The other half is afraid I'll shred something we'll need later.
  9. ** Create a household binder/legacy box--I think my boys would be lost if something happened to me.
  10. Delete saved electronic mystery shop screen shots and receipts--yep, I've got every screen shot and almost every receipt from every mystery shop I've done in the past four years.  It's a lot.
  11. ** Buy desk task light--I've already tried once this year, but I didn't like it, so I need to try again.
  12. Buy phone charging cords for each of our vehicles--I told Hubby I was going to do this, and he was like, but we have charging cords in all the vehicles, don't we?  Well, yes, we do...for his phone, but not for AKD's and mine.
  13. Make a chicken sign--It's going to have the silhouette of a chicken, and say something along the lines of, "Danger: Dinosaur Area."
  14. Take a class through community education or a local craft store--I used to do this fairly often, but somewhere along the line, I stopped.
  15. ** Finish valances for master bedroom.  I've only had the material for...3 years? 4?  A long time.
  16. Crochet messy bun hat or Arm knit scarf
  17. ** Get the boys' picture taken--the place I used to take them to closed, so I need to find a new photographer.
  18. Send Christmas cards in 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...