Tuesday, April 30, 2019

9 for 2019 April Update

Hi friends.  It's the last day of April, which means it's time for a 9 for 2019 goal update.

In April, I:

  • Went on a playdate with myself  to Hobby Lobby.  Oh, how I love all.the.things at Hobby Lobby.  Maybe someday I'll actually even buy some of them.

  • Made and installed a chicken swing--So far, the girls have regarded the chicken swing with a equal parts mistrust and disdain.  I did manage to get two of them up on to the swing separately, one by picking her up, and placing her on the swing while feeding her Grubblies, and the other by holding a bowl of chopped hard-boiled egg so that the girls could only reach it by hopping onto the swing, but I didn't get pictures of either.  I think that the ladies needed to have been exposed to the swing as babies in order for them to enjoy it (take note, new chicken mamas).  The good news is, the swing will already be in place the next time we have chicks around here.


This month, I also bought material with which to cover my box.  Well, material with which to cover the top of the sides--I'm having trouble deciding what to do with the bottom.


And I finally started on that darn Facts of Life book.  I decided that I should work on it for 15 minutes a day, but then I realized that 15 minutes at a time is not enough, and that I don't have the fortitude to do it every day.  But I've started.  And even if I don't ever work on it again, what I have done will be helpful for those who need it.


I had already completed:
  • Replace dish cloths
  • Put together a traveling charger kit--You know, cords and wall chargers that are specifically designated for travel.

I still need to: 
  • Plant sunflowers by the chicken coop--These will be multipurpose sunflowers.  They'll be pretty, provide shade, and provide food for the chickens.  The challenge will be keeping the girls from eating them before they get strong enough to withstand the chickens' pecking.
  • Cover a box that I store things in to make it pretty--I've been meaning to do this for years.  Even though it's a box that I use in our master bathroom, so hardly anyone ever sees it, it will make me happy to have a prettier receptacle.
  • Facts of life book--This goal, of course, is continued from last year.

Wow.  Not much left.  Well, except for the never-ending Facts of Life book--that's much.  How are you doing on your 2019 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...