Monday, April 29, 2019

Menu plan for the week of April 29

Well, the Instant Pot is heading back to its home this week.  Last week Hubby said that I was sure using it a lot for someone who doesn't like it.  Again, I am so thankful that I was able to try one before buying, because I was pretty sure I wanted one until I actually used it.  It's not that I dislike the Instant Pot, it's that I can do all of the things it can do using other methods, and it doesn't fit in my appliance cupboard.  Well, ok, it just barely fits in my appliance cupboard if I take the inner pot out and store the lid separately.  Also, that silicone ring really does pick up unpleasant odors (I'm really hoping I can get that smelling better before I give the pot back).

The main advantages of electric pressure cookers, as I see it, are:

  1. being able to make slow-cooker type meals much faster
  2. being able to make rice and pasta recipes. all in one pot
  3. being able to cook using less energy and without heating up the kitchen on a warm day
And those advantages are just not all that meaningful to me.  Well, the not heating up the kitchen on a warm day is meaningful, but that's why I have my grill and my slow cooker.

The yogurt, by the way, worked the second time.  Turns out there are three settings for the yogurt button, and the first time, I had it on the less setting for incubation instead of normal.  Don't ask me what one would use the less setting for, because I do not know (if you know, feel free to enlighten me).

This week, I've got one last Instant Pot recipe that I didn't make last week.  I already have all the ingredients (and I'm using up some chicken thighs from the freezer), so I'm gonna make it.  Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
  • Instant Pot Pepperjack chicken
  • Nachos (regular nachos, as requested by the children, who have grown weary of recycled instant pot meat nachos), guacamole
  • Chicken, bacon, ranch sliders (I was going to do this one in the Instant Pot, but decided the slow cooker version was easier), raw veggies
  • Pizza (crust, sauce), salad
  • Hamburgers, buns, chips, jello, roasted asparagus
  • Hot dogs or brats (maybe we can pretend they're light sabers), buns, oven fries, green beans
  • Chicken tacos, guacamole (gotta have guac on 5th May)

Other:
  • There is no other this week.  Well, there probably is some other, but I don't have the brain power to think of it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...