Monday, April 22, 2019

Menu plan for the week of April 22

You guys.  My Instant Pot yogurt failed.  Yogurt is the one thing that I was thinking the Instant Pot would make easier.  It was the thing that made me think maybe I did want to own an Instant Pot.  Not that making yogurt in my slow cooker is difficult, but I do worry about the cultures getting too cold as I wrap their towel blanket around them and put them to bed.  The Instant Pot (Duo and better models) has a yogurt button, which tells the Instant Pot to keep those lactobacilli warm--without a blanket. 

I'm not sure what caused the fail, because if I had known I was doing something wrong I wouldn't have done it, but my working theory is that my instant read thermometer reads low, and I killed the bacteria by putting it into too-warm milk.

I'm going to try again, of course.  Wish me luck.

This week, we're planning on making more Instant Pot meals, some of which were suggested to me by people trying to convince me that I want an Instant Pot.  Do you Instant Pot?  Drop some of your favorite recipes in the comments.

Supper:



Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...