Monday, May 11, 2020

Menu plan for the week of May 11

Hi friends.  It's May, which means we've got May flowers, right? 

Well, we do have some tulips that are blooming, but that's about it for us.  It's been unseasonably cold the past couple of days, which has me wanting to curl up by the fire with a book.  It's been kind of hard for me to believe that it's May the past couple of days.  It's sort of like when we went to Hawaii, and I had to keep reminding myself that yes, we were in the US, and yes, it was still winter.  Yes, it is May.

Meal planning was difficult this week.  I mean, when is it not?  But it seemed like even more of a slog this time.  The funny thing about that was I actually only had one blank spot to fill on the calendar.

The kids made breakfast for me yesterday, and later on in the day, one of them said to me, "I think it's hard to cook for other people."  Yup.  Sure is.

Anyway, here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

  • Bacon ranch meatloaf, mashed potato (that's right--one mashed potato, because that's all we have), green beans
  • Tacos, Strawberry fluff (we're making this one up as we go along)
  • Chicken bundles, green beans
  • Italian Sausage sheet pan meal, applesauce
  • Hamburgers, buns, carrots
  • Pizza, salad
  • Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes (hopefully we'll have more potatoes by then), grilled broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...