Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oatmeal

I am pleased to report that we've perfected our cinnamon roll oatmeal recipe. In a blind taste test, 2 out of 3 tasters preferred the home made version--the third tester insisted that both were equally good. So here it is, just in case you want to make it yourself.

Place
1/3 c. quick oats
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. packed brown sugar
2 shakes from the salt shaker and
2/3 c. water
in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds (we do ours for 75).

That's it. I also add a bit of skim milk (maybe 2 T.) and about 2 T. chopped walnuts to mine.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So, one thing about making comments here rather than on facebook is that quite often I could have sworn I left you or dad a comment, but I'll go back and not see one. Not sure why I have a hard time with it.

    Anyway, as I asked this morning ... but apparently did not really ask: can you formulate an apple and cinnamon oatmeal recipe. Those (the green ones) are Tyler's favorites.

    Maybe I should just go ahead and do my comment on your facebook version of the blog. You blog version just looks so much better!

    When do you think your parents will join facebook?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...