Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recent photos

You know, catching up is really quite difficult--because while I'm trying to catch up with past events, things just keep happening.  Oh well...trying my best :)
One of the semi-local businesses I follow on Facebook posted this as their status this morning: "Too much snow to picnic but too little to ski! How about a movie?"  That's right.  We woke up today, Saturday, April 16, 2011, to measurable snowfall.  This is not unheard of in our neck of the woods: in fact, Hubby informs me that our average April snowfall is 3 inches.  However, on the heals of the winter we just had, with above average snowfall (top 5 or 7 of all time), it seems like a cruel joke.


Yesterday was Logo's class "Author Party."  Each of the kids read several of their stories to us--Logo and his group did a great job!


Just in case you can't read it, the sign says,
"DANGER
HIGH WATER
KEEP OUT." 
(As you can see, Bubby wasn't too intent on following the rules this day.)  We don't have record high water levels this year, but high enough.  Based on what I know about this park, I'd say the water is at least 10 feet higher than usual.  On the left the place where we sat to watch fireworks in February is under about 3 feet of water.

The Fleet: Hubby informs me that we have room for at least 3 more boats up there :)

Maiden voyage:
Hubby's kayak doesn't smell like wild cherry lifesavers anymore. 
Now it smells like the Apple River (still fruity, so I guess that's a plus :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...