Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Litte Help, Please: Birthday Treat Edition

Someone who is very important in my life has a birthday coming up, and I'd like to surprise her with a delicious birthday treat.  She loves chocolate.  And peanut butter ... in close proximity to chocolate.  She does not particularly care for cake, but she loves ice cream.  And chocolate.  Oh, I already said that, didn't I?  Well, she really, really loves chocolate.

I've decided on a Peanut Butter Cup ice cream cake, but I'm having a little trouble narrowing down my choices.  Will you help?

Here's what I've got.


Pb6
{Source}
Option A from Sugar Plum Blog starts with a peanut butter cookie base smothered in chocolate frozen custard (no, I don't know what the difference between custard and ice cream is, either), and topped with dark chocolate and peanut butter cups.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
{Source}
Option B from Eggs on Sunday has a chocolate cookie crumb base, topped with chopped peanut butter cups mixed with chocolate ice cream, and covered with chocolate ganache and more peanut butter cups.



Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Pie: Mix 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding with 1-1/2 cups of milk. Whisk in 1 8 oz tub of cool whiip. Fold in chopped Reese’s Peanut butter cups. Combine real Thin some real peanut butter in microwave, pour on bottom of chocolate cookie pie crust. Add filling and top with more chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze until 15 minutes before serving.
{Source}
Option C from Coupon Cousins is not an ice cream cake, but I think she would like it, just the same.  Chopped peanut butter cups folded into chocolate whipped cream and spread in a chocolate cookie crumb crust, then frozen

And then there's this.

So...what do you think?  Vote for your favorite and I'll make the one that receives the most votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...