Monday, August 23, 2021

Menu plan for the week of August 23

 You guys!

First of all, y'all need to help me come up with a more gender inclusive phrase for "you guys."  It has to have two punchy syllables.  You friends won't cut it, nor will you people.  You all or y'all sometimes works, but doesn't have quite the punch of you guys.  I dunno.  I'm kinda tired of male pronouns being considered default or neutral.

Anyway.

[Insert "you guys" substitute here]!  I went to my reopened regular grocery store today!  The new layout is a hybrid of the previous store and the store down the road, just familiar enough that it felt comfortable and new.  Yay!  

It felt so strange to leave the house today for the express purpose of running errands.  With Bubby's summer thing on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, all summer I've been dropping him off, then rushing to run the errands before picking him up an hour later.  Today, I left at about the same time that I would have left if I'd been dropping him off, and I returned at about the same time I would have returned had I been picking him up.  But there was no dropping off or picking up, and also no rushing.  I tried to get him to come with me, to help me get over the strangeness, but no dice.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:
  • Chicken nuggets, green beans, fresh fruit
  • Nachos with taco toppings (and guacamole if any of the avocados ripen in time)
  • One pot kielbasa pasta, green beans
  • Fend for yourself
  • Pizza, salad
  • Hot dogs or brats, buns, chips, roasted cauliflower, jello
  • Grilled pork chops, tator tots, grilled broccoli

Other:

P.S. It's kind of weird that I'm excited about my regular grocery store being open again, isn't it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...