Because of the first significant snowfall. we also had our first night time sledding session of the season. We are so fortunate to have not one, but two excellent sledding hills on our property, not to mention the driveway, which is also an excellent sledding surface depending on snow depth and conditions. Winter is so much fun.
This week I'm doing a little food planning for when we have house guests over Christmas break. I'll be making and freezing a few things ahead, which will hopefully minimize prep time when I need to get meals on the table for eleven. Yes, eleven.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Kielbasa & cauliflower stir fry, steamed broccoli
- Shepherd's pie (make extra for a future meal), rolls (make extra for a future meal), applesauce
- Chicken casserole with mashed potato topping, carrots, mandarin oranges
- Beef & potato casserole (kind of like this), broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Pizza, salad
- Grilled chicken skewers (make extra for a future meal), grilled broccoli, salad, grilled garlic bread
- Grilled steak with red wine portobello reduction, roasted brussels sprouts
- Wild rice casserole, green beans