Whatever you call it, this is a hearty and filling meat and potatoes main dish. And yes, use the soy sauce. You won't be sorry.
Beef & Potato Casserole
(Click here to print)
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 c. diced raw potatoes *
- 1/4 c. diced green pepper (optional)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or use cream of [blank] soup substitute
- 1 c. milk
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, and pour into a greased 1 1/2 - 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° F for 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are soft. *
- Serve with soy sauce.
* If you don't have an hour and a half to bake this, microwave the potatoes until they're mostly done, before dicing them. The texture won't be quite as creamy and mashed-potato-ish, but you'll have supper on the table.
Powered by Recipage