Monday, March 12, 2018

Menu plan for the week of March 12

Hi friends.  I'm not quite as tired as the mama of a newborn human, but I'm still pretty tired.  Those cute little chick babies woke me up around 4 a.m. on their first night, making distressed sounds.  Indigo, in particular, seemed to be protesting the world's injustices.  Turns out they were too warm (I think), because turning down the heat helped tremendously.  They haven't woken me since then, but that doesn't mean that I've slept well.  It's kind of how, when one's baby human sleeps through the night for the first time, one wakes up in the wee hours in a panic because the baby hasn't cried (or is that just me?).  If I start making noises about getting new chicks next spring, remind me of this, kay?  I'm not getting any younger, and I need good sleep.  Then there's the whole daylight savings debacle.  Why does one hour make such a big difference?

The babies are eating and drinking well, and spending most of their time hanging out under the mama hen heating pad, darting out every once in a while for a snack.  Speaking of eating, here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:

Other:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...