Monday, November 26, 2018

Menu plan for the week of November 26

I continue to struggle with meal planning.  Why is this so hard?  For as many years as I've been planning meals, one would think I'd be better at it by now.  Ugh. 

For December, I've adopted a common strategy among meal planners: assign a type of cuisine to each weeknight to guide planning.  Sundays will be soup, Mondays sheet pan suppers, tacos on Tuesday, Wednesday will be fend for yourself, casseroles (hot dish for all you Minnesotans) on Thursday,  Friday is pizza night, and Saturday we'll grill.

The only problem with this, of course, is that my kiddos don't like soup, or sheet pan dinners, or casseroles.  Whoops.  Oh well.  I'm sure they'll be fine.

Your turn: if you were to assign meal types to each evening, what meal types would you choose?

Here's your weekly menu plan inspiration.

Supper:
  • Hamburgers, buns, chips, Brussels sprouts
  • Nachos with taco toppings and guacamole
  • Fend for yourself
  • Taco pasta bake, green beans
  • Pizza, salad
  • Grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
  • Zuppa Toscana

Other:
  • Hard boiled eggs (I actually steam them, and they peel so easily)
  • Canned pinto beans (my Sam's Club no longer carries dry black beans.  I'm sad about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...