Thursday, May 30, 2019

This week in Cricut

When last we spoke, on matters of Cricut, I had finished my first project, and was all set to cut stencils for my next and next-after-that projects.

So on Friday, I cut those stencils, and I verified the fact that you don't actually need a mat to cut vinyl!  The library only has a 12x12" cutting mat, and for my next project I needed to cut stencils that are 12x16".  I just loaded the vinyl into the machine like I would have loaded the mat, and it worked.

 I'm in love with this chicken sign stencil!  So cute!  I'm waiting for Hubby to cut a board for me, because I think this one is going to involve a table saw, but I know what colors I'm going to use, so I'll be good to go once I have the board.  So exciting!

 The boards are cut for my next sign.  Just have to join them together, sand, and stain, and I'll be ready to go.  I'm super excited about this one, too.

Yesterday, I stopped by the library to do two quick cuts.  I cut some decals for AKD,

 And a decal for a sign I'm working on for a friend.  This sign is actually cutting in front of my next and next-after-that projects, because it's so easy and the only power tools involved are a miter saw and a palm sander. As soon as the stain dries, I can apply the decal, and then I'll seal it and be done.

This not having my own Cricut machine* is becoming tedious.  I dream of the day when I can conceive an idea, design, and execute it, without having to pause for a trip to the library.  Even more tedious, yesterday someone tried to kick me out of the iLab because the Cricut was making "too much noise."  In her defense, she was there first.  However, the Cricut is part of the iLab, so... I was almost done, so I just finished up and left, although I probably would have attempted to design and cut another decal if the wet blanket other library patron hadn't been there.

Next week, I might be cutting a decal for use in our gallery wall.  I bought a frame yesterday, and I know just what I want to do with it, but it might take a bit of time to find a font that I like.  Or I might take a break from cutting for a bit.  I'm still a little bitter about the iLab incident.

* I checked with my favorite deal website, and Cricuts went on sale in July last year, so maybe I don't have too much longer to wait.  I'm saving my pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...