Friday, January 15, 2010

Really? Baptism, continued

So I was washing my face this morning...I am God's child, God loves me, I bring God joy...and I found myself praying, "really? Really, God? I bring you joy? You're pleased with me? Really?"

Is it really true that I bring God joy, that God is pleased with me? How can that be? How can that be, when there are days when I don't even like myself? How can that be, when I make so many mistakes? How in the world can the God of the universe, creator of all things, be pleased with imperfect, miserable, human me? Seriously? This isn't some joke?

What an amazing God this is, that even in my imperfections, even at my worst, God is able to find joy in me. No matter what I've done, what I've said, what I've thought, God is pleased with me, just because...I'm me, created just how God created me to be, imperfect on purpose. What a blessing it is to be a daughter of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...