Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mosaic

I'm an artsy craftsy kind of person. I love taking something ordinary or plain and making it into something beautiful. It really doesn't even have to be beautiful, as long as it's something I've made. Lately I've been drawn to mosaics, wanting to look at them, wanting to learn how to make them. I'm a thinker: I always want to know the why of everything, so I've been considering my recent fascination with mosaic. I think I'm so drawn to mosaic because it uses broken pieces to create something beautiful. It reminds me of the way God works in my life, taking all of the ugly, broken parts of me, parts that I would just as soon throw in the trash, sharp edges and all, and arranges them into a beautiful masterpiece.

It is interesting to me that sometimes mosaic artists take pieces that are, by themselves, beautiful, and break them on purpose, to put them back together in another way. Sometimes I wonder if that's what God does in my life, too. I wonder if God breaks me, through circumstance or hardship, for the purpose of putting me back together in a way that brings glory to God, and brings me into closer relationship with God. I wonder if I am God's beautiful masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...