Friday, July 27, 2012

The Home Improvement Kiss of Death

My friends, it's happened.  The home improvement do-it-yourself kiss of death.  We couldn't get the wainscot and trim on the wall fast enough, so we've made an accommodation to allow us to keep our laundry room torn apart while still being able to use the appliances.  Hubby extended the dryer's exhaust vent for me (thank you so much Hubby--I was not very excited about having to hang the vomited-upon clothes out to dry this morning.  In the rain). 

Yes, my friends, I have my dryer back, and the incredible mountain of stinky, dirty laundry that had grown up overnight as a result of the boys returning from their little jaunt in the wilderness is slowly shrinking.  I fear what this will mean for the laundry room's eventual completion.  Or non-completion.


************
If you've been paying attention, you know that AKD celebrated a birthday this week.  Cakes are kind of a big deal around here, kind of a tradition, so I figured I'd better show you a pic.


Yes, this does look remarkably similar to the cake from 2 years ago.  It's what he wanted.  This time, I had candy rocks, though.


I invited a few of AKD's closest friends over to help us eat the cake.  Oh, and to surprise AKD, as well.
************
And!  I'm not done with it yet, so I can't tell you what it is, but here's a photo hint of my next project.  Burlap, ruffles, floral print...what would you do with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...