Monday, July 2, 2012

Confessions

Did y'all notice I changed my name?  Well, not my name, but the blog's name?  {Actually, I think I'm going to change my name, too}  It's been several months since I decided I needed to change the blog's name to more accurately reflect its content. 

Go ahead.  Ask me why it's taken so long to get around to it.  I'll give you an answer...right after I finish rolling around on the floor laughing.  Because if you know anything about me, you know that housekeeping, of any kind, even bloggy housekeeping, is not a priority for me.

I have a new tag-line, too.  It goes a little something like this: "confessions of a (not quite) super-mom."

See, today someone accused me of being super-mom.  It happens with surprising frequency.  I mean honestly, people, you think this is super?  My cape's in the laundry.  Permanently.

So anyway, I figure, since I'm advertising confessions, I'd better deliver.

So here's one for you.  I yell at my kids.

Yes, it's true.  I get fed up, lose my temper, and scream at the little darlings.  I keep trying to tell y'all that I'm not perfect.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that I am seriously flawed.  Damaged goods. Broken.  Just about as non-super as you can get.

You have no idea what goes on around here. Well, OK, you know what I'm willing to show you. You know what happens in those brief glimpses through the window of my blog. But believe me, even though what you see is real and true and authentic, it is far from the whole story.

I mean, would super-mom  e v e r  yell at her kids?  Absolutely not.  Because super-mom never loses her temper.  And super-mom has perfect kids, who never give her reason to yell at them.

No, I'm just your plain old regular run of the mill mommy, who is imperfect, but trying her best, and who often fails.

But you know what?  Even in this fallen, broken world, the God I serve has the power to redeem my imperfections, to use them for His glory.  In fact, the God I serve delights in using my shortcomings to point the way to His kingdom.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV

So please, so I don't have to try to live up to your perceptions, keep in mind that I am not perfect, and I am definitely not super-mom, but that is as it should be.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought your Mom was (at least compared to your dad)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...