Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back to School Apple Treats

 Yesterday I shared some of the fun back to school treats that I've found around the web.  What I discovered during my research is that there are an awful lot of really cute apple treat ideas out there.  Anyone know why apples are associated with school?  I guess because apples are ripe in the fall?  But really, with tasty treats like these on the table, who cares why?  Let's eat! 
 
Here are some of my favorite back to school apple treats.
 
 
Seriously?  Yum.  Oreo truffles dressed up as apples.  Find out how to make them at Raising Memories.  You could also make these into cakepops.
 
 
Photobucket
These are oreos disguised as apples.  Talk about a tasty bait & switch!  Amanda Parker & Family made these.
 
 
These pretzel apples from Make Bake Celebrate look delicious!


Snickerdoodles are my kids' favorite cookies.  Why not dress them up like apples?  Burlap-n-Bling gives the how-to.


OREO-Apple Snack Stacks recipe
 

Love this idea from Kraft.  It's even sorta kinda healthy. 
 
 
Mini Caramel Apples - Step 2
Look at these cute mini caramel apples from Spoonful!  I imagine they're much easier to eat than full-sized caramel apples. 



Gourmet Mom on the Go uses a secret ingredient to color these rice krispie apples.
 

Guess how Anna and Blue gets these cupcakes to be so perfectly apple-shaped.  There's a mini donut under there!  Word to the wise: if you're not using gel food color, you might want to make granny smith or yellow delicious apples instead of these red ones!


Adorable Applesauce Cupcakes
 

And finally, I couldn't resist these applesauce cupcakes from Pillsbury :)

Well, my friends, what do you think?  Can you see my dilemma?  So many great choices; only one first day of school (well, actually, the kindergartner starts three days after the other two, so we do have two first days of school this year).  I'll let you know what I decide.  In the meantime, feel free to vote for your favorites in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...