Friday, May 2, 2014

This week in review

Hubby was in Mexico this week, so while we were inundated with non-stop rain and temperatures hovering in the mid-30s, he was suffering through sunny, 100+ degree weather, poor guy.  You might think I'm crazy, but I would so much rather have our weather this week than their weather.  Although, if I had to, I would be able suffer through, provided I had a nice air conditioned hotel room with abundant fresh fruit and a shaded pool and sandy beach nearby.  Fruity frozen drinks wouldn't hurt, either.

***

I started the week with 3 goals, and I failed miserably at two of them.  I'll let you figure out which one I actually accomplished:

1. Make it out alive
2. Go to bed by 10
3. Exercise 4 days

***

I planted zinnia seeds with kindergartners this week.  Nothing like making a huge mess to transport one to her happy place. 

***

I did two lunch mystery shops this week, which was kind of fun.  One of them was at a place that I had never been to, but was highly recommended by Beaver-ly--glad I got the chance to finally see what all the fuss was about.  I think this was the first time I had ever gone to a sit-down restaurant by myself, and although it was a little strange, it wasn't as awkward as I had feared. 

***

We've finally settled down into some semblance of normalcy after the influx of evening activities caused by AKD's soccer season.  This is a good thing.  We're stable.  Getting it done without pulling all of our hair out.  Unfortunately, next week, we add in MC's and Bubby's soccer games.  And the week after that, AKD's games start.  It's gonna be a mad dash for the end of the school year, my friends.

***

I'm tired.  So, so tired.  I stay up way too late when my hubby is out of town, and my mood, my outlook, my energy, my health all suffer for it.  I'm hoping this will be a nice relaxing weekend with lots of naps.  OK.  Not lots--two would be sufficient.

How was your week?  And what's the weekend looking like for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...