Monday, August 31, 2015

Menu plan for the week of August 31

Well, my friends, I finally did it.  I took the plunge and wrote out a menu plan for the entire month of September, plus the days before and after, to make it a full 5 weeks.  I even typed it out for y'all.

I did it, but I'm still not convinced it was a good idea.  On the plus side, I'm not going to have to come up with ideas for meals for at least 5 weeks.  Plus, I can save this calendar and use it over and over again.  On the minus side, I've already had to make changes and it's only the 2nd day of the planned meals.  I can plan around our crazy sports/Scouts/church schedule, but the Hubby's work schedule is ... shall we say ... unpredictable.  

There's also my insane innate need for variety.  I keep telling myself it's easier to revise than create, that it's not set in stone.  I think part of my issue, honestly, is that if I'm going to put in the effort to plan a month's worth of meals at one time, I want it to be set in stone.  I don't want there to be changes.  I don't want to have to revise and rearrange.  I want to be able to just do this once and be done and not have to think about it again for another 5 weeks.  

In any case, I'm attempting to withholding judgement until we're at least a few weeks in...

In the meantime, school starts tomorrow.  Nope, not ready.  You?

Here's what's on the menu this week:
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Image 1
{Grilled chicken skewers from Kraft}
Supper:
Other: 
caramelsauce
{Easy Caramel Sauce from The Pioneer Woman}
* * * * * * * * *

And here's the current menu for the rest of September (and beyond).  If you care to, you can come back and compare my weekly menu posts.  That would be kind geeky of you, but I won't judge.

Week 2:
  • Hamburgers, buns, grilled potato planks, corn, melon or peaches
  • Crock pot chicken & rice, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
  • Chicken bundles (similar to this), green beans, applesauce
  • Tacos, taco toppings
  • Pizza, salad
  • Steak with grilled portabellos in red wine sauce, grilled vegetable, garlic toast
  • Shepherd's pie (similar to this), bread & butter, applesauce


Week 3:


Week 4:


Week 5:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...