What this means, practically speaking, is we have two super busy evenings a week for the next two months. Like, crazy busy. I won't go into details, but it's physically impossible for one mama to get all of these kids to where they need to be when they need to be there and back again. This is why we have two parents in this household.
What this also means is I will be working my way through my slow cooker pinterest board over the next two months. I've already been gauging some of the recipes' suitability for use on those busy days, and it's kind of shocking to me how many of these supposedly set-it-and-forget-it recipes require additional steps before serving. Like, you have to cook and add pasta, or you have to add a cornstarch slurry to thicken something. That kind of recipe is not going to work. Not to worry. We'll figure it out.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Grilled chicken (cook extra for quinoa salad), grilled broccoli, salad
- Olive Garden copycat pasta e fagioli
- Nachos, taco toppings, guacamole
- Crockpot chicken philly cheesesteak, rolls, carrots, fresh fruit
- Pizza or zucchini crust pizza, salad
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, caramel apple salad, chips, grilled green veggie
- Hamburgers, rolls, caramel apple salad, chips, carrots
- Grilled chicken, mixed veggies, baked potatoes (in the slow cooker, 'cause I think it's still going to be hot)
- Slow cooker salisbury steak, instant mashed potatoes, green beans