When it's hot (and humid), it's hard to even think about food, but somehow, I managed to come up with a menu for this week. And praise God, it's supposed to be much cooler for the next several days.
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Slow cooker bacon ranch meatloaf (to my surprise, everyone liked this the last time I made it), mashed potatoes (leftover from last week), green beans
- Chipotle citrus chicken, corn & black bean salad, fruit
- Fend for yourself/breakfast
- Italian sausage and veggies sheet pan meal
- Nachos with taco toppings, guacamole
- Marinated grilled chicken sandwiches, buns, oven fries, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
- Hot dogs or brats, buns, chips, grilled green veggie, caramel apple salad (leftover from last week)
- Sausage pinwheels (I usually double the sausage and I always forget the chives), carrots
- Cocoa roasted almonds
- Applesauce? The apples are ripe, and we'll be home this weekend, so hopefully... We're down to our last 4 jars from previous years.
- (low sodium) Honey whole wheat bread (sub oil for shortening, reduce honey to 1/4 c and reduce salt to 1 t)
- M&M cookies or Monster cookie dough bars