Thursday, February 28, 2019

9 for 2019 February update

Hi friends!  Welcome to our first 9 for 2019 update!  So...I'm kind of second guessing my decision to only set 9 goals this year instead of 19, especially since I've already accomplished two (sorta three.  I mean, all I have to do for the third is wait).  Actually, I had already accomplished two by the day after I posted the list.  But I'm thinking that 9th goal is going to be a doozy, so I'll knock the other ones out quickly and get to that one.

So.  Here's what I've got so far:
  • Replace dish cloths--I did not get them at Ikea.  It appears that Ikea doesn't even sell dishcloths.  I wouldn't know, since I haven't been there yet.  Well, I've been there, but that was long before I wanted to get new dishcloths, so I didn't notice.  There aren't any on the Ikea website.  I got my dishcloths from Target.com.  I love the color.  And the fact that they don't immediately stink as soon as they get wet.  I'm hoping the cotton doesn't hold odors the way the microfiber ones I had previously do.

  • Put together a traveling charger kit--So this one was actually mostly finished before Christmas, because we traveled to Colorado to visit my brother and his family, and I didn't want to have to grab the cords last minute and potentially forget.  I just didn't have the 30-pin cord for Bubby's iPad.  Well, I had one, but when we got to SheppyBrew Smokehouse and Brewery (y'all should subscribe to the YouTube channel), we discovered that the cord didn't work.  Whoops.  Anyway, it's complete now.  There are earbuds in the Altoids tin, by the way.



Here's what's left:
  • Plant sunflowers by the chicken coop--These will be multipurpose sunflowers.  They'll be pretty, provide shade, and provide food for the chickens.  The challenge will be keeping the girls from eating them before they get strong enough to withstand the chickens' pecking.

  • Make/install chicken swing--My sis said I should do this one, and I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing the girls enjoying it.  I hope they do enjoy it.

  • Cover a box that I store things in to make it pretty--I've been meaning to do this for years.  Even though it's a box that I use in our master bathroom, so hardly anyone ever sees it, it will make me happy to have a prettier receptacle.

  • Crochet or knit something, like a ponchoa blanketpurple scarves, or a hat -- I definitely want to expand my yarn-working skills.  It's always so much fun to crochet something, but then the next time I want to try I psych myself out, because I think it'll be difficult.

  • Four playdates with myself (Ikea, Hobby Lobby, downtown, Arboretum)--This is another one my sis said I should do.  And I think I should, too.  You know how some people go shopping for fun?  Yeah.  I do not.  And lately I've been avoiding shopping until absolutely necessary.  But I think I would find these particular expeditions to be inspiring, so I'm going to "make" myself go.

  • Facts of life book--This goal, of course, is continued from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...