Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Menu plan for the week of February 4

I made a double batch of Bubby's favorite muffins the other day.  And as I was putting the dough into the muffin cups, I thought there was something a little off with them.  They seemed a little dryer than usual.  I attributed the dryness to forgetting the vanilla extract, because there was a lot going on in the kitchen just then.  Bubby was helping me, and I was helping Hubby with supper.  And there were a lot of dirty dishes that had piled up, because life.  And cluttered surfaces = cluttered brain, for me anyway.

Usually, you see, when I bake something, I take all of the ingredients out of the cupboard first, and line them up on the counter.  I put them away as I use them, and that way, I rarely forget an ingredient.  This time, there wasn't room, so I didn't (get the ingredients out all at once), and I did (forget).  The vanilla extract.  I figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference in the finished product, so I continued on.  I scooped the batter, and Bubby spooned the topping, and into the oven they went.

After they were baked, I tasted one, and it didn't taste quite the same as I remembered these muffins tasting.  It was about an hour later that I realized that I also forgot the sugar. Oy vey.  Nobody else noticed, though, so the moral of the story is you can put (a lot) less sugar in your muffins and no one will notice.

In other news, I don't think my kids are ever going to go to school again.  Last week we had a 7 day weekend due first to a teacher in-service day, then to the actual weekend, followed by snow, and finally record low windchills.  This week, we began with a day off due to icy road conditions, and the temperature continued to fall all day.  That's not a very good way to remove ice from roads.  Plus, we're supposed to be getting snow for the next 3 days (3-5" today), and we're not going above freezing for the foreseeable future.  Isn't that just great.  Ice with snow on top.


Hopefully, at some point I'll be able to get out of the driveway to buy food, so that I'm not lying to you when I say, here's what's on the menu this week:

Supper:



Other:

What's on your menu this week?  And are kiddos in your neighborhood attending school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...