Thursday, December 30, 2010

ESheppy accepting his prize--he sure looks thrilled, doesn't he?

ESheppy's kids and Scarlet's kids doing their impression of the Verizon bars...the little bar is a bit reluctant

My Dad honoring his Mom at her 85th birthday celebration

Mmmm!  That cake was delicious!  And no, she didn't have to blow out 85 candles--we would have been there all night.
I had the privilege of attending a celebration in honor of my Grandma's 85th birthday this week.  Her entire family, including three children, four grandchildren, and 7 great-grandchildren, was in attendance--something that hasn't happened in my memory (I think maybe everyone was at my Aunt's wedding in 1976, but we've added quite a few family members since then).  We had such a great time--my Dad's family is such a hoot.  Just to give you an idea, the evening after the party, we all got together at my Aunt's house.  After supper, the kids watched a movie and the grown-ups played cards.  We were laughing so much that the kids actually told us to quiet down--we were being too noisy for them to hear their movie!  Many thanks to my Aunt Sue for organizing the get-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...