Friday, April 27, 2012

Mommy's Day Gift

My Hubby loves to give me presents.  So much so that he gave me a big one for mommy's day a little early.  I didn't even have to buy this one myself.

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted a trampoline.  Now, thanks to Hubby's generosity (and the "guilt money" his company gave him for making him stay in Peru for 2 days longer than planned when he had already been there for two weeks, coming home at noon on Easter, and sleeping the rest of the day away due to jet lag), I have one.

I have mixed feelings about the trampoline, as the potential for injury is huge.  I wince every time one of my boys attempts a move, and have unbidden visions of broken bones, concussions, and spinal cord injuries.  But they have been having so. much. fun.  And I have been too.  I do believe their favorite is Mega-Bounce, which apparently is my specialty.  And it's great sensory-motor and proprioceptive input (don't ask me what those mean, just take it on faith that they're important inputs to get*).

A bunch of people (including Hubby) blatantly ignoring
 the "only 2 people bouncing at a time" rule.
Well, I suppose, to be fair, only 2 were bouncing at this exact moment...


*Proprioceptive: Pertaining to proprioception, or the awareness of posture, movement, and changes in equilibrium and the knowledge of position, weight, and resistance of objects as they relate to the body. (from here)

*Sensory motor skills are the integrated functions of sensation and movement that result in coordinated responses to stimuli. (from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...