Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 t. vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and beat until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets and bake in 350*F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks; drizzle with glaze*.
Add 1 c. raisins or
1 c. chopped nuts or
1 c. raisins and 1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. uncooked rolled oats and 1/2 c. crushed pineapple, drained or
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Makes about 3 dozen
Just FYI, I add chocolate chips to mine, and I never make the glaze.
* For glaze, combine 2 c. sifted powdered sugar, 3 T. milk, 1 T. melted butter or margarine, and 1 t. vanilla extract. Blend until smooth