Monday, February 23, 2015

Menu plan for the week of February 23 and beyond

As I was putting together my menu plan this week, I asked each of the boys in turn what their favorite meal is.  They all chose beef-centric meals, so next I asked their favorite chicken meal, and finally I asked what their favorite grilled meal is.

AKD kept saying grilled pizza.  That is so funny, considering AKD is one of my cheese-averse children.  Also?  He really likes steak, although Bubby had already covered that base with both his favorite meal and his favorite grilled meal.  AKD is always a little mopey when pizza is served at events, because cheese.  And organizers keep serving pizza at these youth events because everybody likes pizza.  Right.  Not my kid.  AKD is so lucky to have a mama who makes her own pizza: a mama who leaves the cheese off for him.  That's right.  The boy's pizza consists of crust, sauce, and toppings.  He kept saying, "but grilled pizza is so good!"

He's right.  Grilled pizza is really yummy, but it's also more work than regular in-the-oven pizza or even stromboli or calzone.  I told him I would only put it on the menu if he would promise to help me with it.  At first, he flat-out refused, but by the third or fourth time of him asking for it and me saying I would make it only if he would help, he allowed a maybe.  We'll see.  In the meantime, that's why you'll see grilled pizza, stromboli or calzone on the list for next week.

I'm taking next week off from menu planning, or at least posting about my menu plan.  See you back here for more menu inspiration in March!

Here's what's on the menu this week:
--Homemade angel hair pasta with meat sauce, green beans, salad, garlic toast
--Chicken chili verde, homemade whole grain tortillas, taco toppings
--Beef stroganoff, corn, bread
--Tuscan chicken sandwiches, buns, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Pizza, salad
--Grilled bone-in chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, grilled broccoli
--Beef and veggie kabobs, salad


Next week:
--Rice burgler (browned ground turkey or beef with brown rice and mixed vegetables)
--Slow cooker chicken and gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots
--Out to eat
--Chicken bundles, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
--Grilled pizza, calzone, or stromboli, salad
--Fish.  Just fish.  Hubby's in charge of sides.

Other:
--Large batch taco seasoned beef and turkey to freeze in meal-sized portions
--Angel hair pasta
--Whole grain tortillas
--30 minute rolls
--Peanut butter bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...