Monday, June 3, 2019

Menu plan for the week of June 3

Hey friends.  It's getting busy up in here.  You know, the regular end of the school year stuff, where the teachers try to throw as much as possible as they can at us to distract us from the fact that we've got a long summer ahead of us with our kiddos.  It's our last year of elementary school, and I gotta tell you--I love our little elementary school, but I'm ready to be done with the elementary years and move on with our lives. 

Clearly, they love me over there, because for the third time in our elementary school history, they're throwing a huge party for my birthday.  I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'd really prefer they not.  I definitely would have appreciated the birthday gift they gave MC (a snow day) more, but I shall accept the party graciously.  And leave as soon as I can, politely.

I'm happy to report that the muffin baking streak is continuing.  This week it was MC's turn to choose, and he wanted a repeat of the chocolate muffins from a couple of weeks ago.

This week, we're using up some Italian sausage that came home with the boys after a Boy Scout campout, along with some elk something (it might be steak?  Not sure--but it doesn't really matter--it will get used this week, and that's the last of the elk).  And I'm still looking for suggestions to use up turkey gravy and evaporated milk.  Not necessarily together... Anyone?

Oh hey.  I need to warn you: because the school year is ending, my menu posts will probably become a little more sporadic for a while.  If you need menu planning inspiration, click here to see previous menu plan posts.


Supper:

  • Zuppa Toscana, rolls
  • Nachos, guacamole
  • Chicken tenders
  • Fend for yourself
  • Hamburgers, jello, grilled green veggie
  • Grilled pork chops or elk steak, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, garlic toast
  • Chicken pot pie, salad

Other:
  • Creamy Greek yogurt
  • Double chocolate muffins
  • Cake balls?  I found what appears to be a chocolate cake mix in our cupboard, in a mason jar, with no instructions, and I feel like I want to get rid of use that.  We also have some random colors of candy melts that it would be nice to use up.  And there are always random leftover sprinkles to use.  So maybe that will happen this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...