Monday, November 18, 2019

Menu plan for the week of November 18

I bought a turkey.  It is difficult to resist purchasing a turkey at this time of year, when they're such a good price.  Unfortunately, all of the good-price turkeys at my store were around 16 pounds, which is kind of a big turkey, especially when you're a family of five (one of whom lives elsewhere most of the year).  Oh, it's not a big turkey for us to eat.  No, that's not a problem.  It's a big turkey to store in our starter freezer.  So, yeah.  I have a freezer full of turkey, currently.

Speaking of that family member who lives elsewhere most of the year, he'll be home on Friday.  I think he told us Friday.  That's why the menu takes a sudden AKD-centric turn later in the week.  I love feeding that boy man.

Speaking of feeding people, Hubby was talking with some teenagers and they revealed to him that not everyone eats supper with their family most nights.  Or any night.  At least one of these teenagers said that every night is fend-for-yourself night in their house.  That just makes me so sad.  Those families are missing out on precious time together.  I get it, though.  People are so busy.  And it is so tiresome to have to cook every day.  Not just the cooking part, of course, but the planning part.  It's difficult.  As much as I angst*, though, I can never stop.  I just love our family meal times too much.

How about you?  Do you eat meals together as a family?

Supper:

  • Pepperoni rolls (this is something we were introduced to in West Virginia (I associate them with our friend Paula, for some reason), basically biscuits stuffed with pepperoni.  So good), raw veggies
  • Nachos, guacamole, taco toppings
  • Sausage egg biscuits/English muffins, fresh fruit
  • Hot dogs or brats, buns, chips, green beans
  • Beef barbacoa (from the freezer), tortillas, guacamole, taco toppings
  • Shepherd's pie, rolls, applesauce
  • Peppered steak with portabello mushrooms, mashed potatoes, grilled green veggie


Other:

  • Cookies.  It has been far too long since we have had cookies in our house
  • Muffins.  Ditto on the muffins (although far too long, in the case of muffins, is about 4 days)
  • Taco bean soup.  I eat it for lunch every day, and supper some days.
  • Warm me up sausage quiche.  Modified down to the 4 essential ingredients.


* How d'ya like that verbing, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...