Y'all. I am so excited about this week's menu plan. A couple of our people are out of town, including our potato hater, and mashed potatoes are a favorite of the people who are left, so we are having mashed potatoes for (almost) every meal! I don't even eat mashed potatoes most of the time (I do love them, though. This might be the week I try mashed cauliflower)! But this is going to be so much fun! Even though I have to make mashed potatoes every day because they just don't taste as good leftover! And according to the Idaho Potato people you can only keep peeled potatoes for about 24 hours!
How do you feel about potatoes, my friends? Will you be joining us in a celebration of mashed potatoes this week?
Here's what's on the menu this week:
- Shepherd's pie, applesauce, rolls
- Nachos with taco toppings and guacamole
- Meatballs with mashed potatoes and probably a vegetable of some kind (although AKD assures me that we don't need any additional vegetables because potatoes are a vegetable)
- Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
- Sunday night stew with mashed potatoes
- Mashed potato bar (mashed potatoes, gravy, bacon bits, green onions, broccoli)
- Roast turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, and it doesn't matter after that, because those are the important things.