Guess what happened! I made this quiche. And when I baked it at the specified temperature for the specified time, it was actually done. That (almost) never happens (I mean, I can't say it never happens anymore, because it did happen). For some reason eggs and pork take way longer in our oven than recipes indicate.
I've learned to live with the uncertainty--knowing that it will take longer, but not how much longer. Now? I can't even be sure it'll take longer anymore. How can you plan for that?
Reminds me of another thing I/we are all uncertain about right now.
One thing that I can be certain of is that my family will want to eat things.
Here's what's on the menu this week.
- Mini cheeseburgers (if you want buns for your cheeseburgers, which Bubby does, hot dog buns cut into thirds work great), brown rice, mixed veggies
- Italian sausage sheet pan meal, applesauce
- Breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit
- Fend for yourself
- Hot dogs and brats, buns, chips, carrots
- Peppered steak with portobello mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus
- Grilled chicken caesar salad (we use ranch instead of caesar dressing), garlic toast, salad, carrots
- Cookies--I've been wanting oatmeal chocolate chip, but since I like them much better than anyone else in the fam, it's dangerous for me to make them. So it'll probably end up being snickerdoodles or sugar cookies
- Banana muffins